O'Sullivan: following in the late Tony Gregory's footsteps

INDEPENDENT TD Maureen O'Sullivan will not be changing her 'No' stance ahead of Friday's second referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, the Sunday Tribune can reveal.

O'Sullivan has chosen to follow in the footsteps of the late Tony Gregory, who she was elected to replace in June's Dublin Central by-election, and also vote against the treaty. "I am not taking any major role in the campaign but I will be voting 'No' next Friday. I have told any of my constituents not to vote 'No' in anger or vote 'Yes' in fear.

"I am 99% sure that I am voting 'No' and at this point I don't think that remaining 1% will make me change my mind over the weekend... The two specifics are my fears around the issue of militarisation and my fear that the treaty does not protect workers' rights."